Want to win a free course from ThinkSpace?
PLEASE NOTE: THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
To get us all in the festive spirit, ThinkSpace is holding a competition with a Yuletide theme. Better yet we have prizes for the winner and two runners up!
So if you want to be in with a chance to win some excellent musical stocking fillers, read on…
How to get involved
We want you to compose your own music for this trailer. You should follow the brief and the rules below. Winners will be announced on the 20th of December 2016.
Click the button below and download the video:
Martian Christmas is an animated feature film about a little alien boy and his adventure with Santa.
Kip – the alien kid – stows away aboard a spaceship bound for earth. His Dad comes to his rescue but not before Kip has been stranded. He meets Santa who promises to find his father in exchange for some help dropping off presents.
While you need to follow the action of the trailer, you also need to develop a more general Christmas adventure sound. Santa only occurs late in the trailer so we want to introduce a subtle Christmasy idea much earlier.
The tone of the music needs to hint at both traditional Christmas and aliens! It is a trailer so we want people to be excited and uplifted so a big orchestral sound is probably the way to go.
1. Use anything you want to score it, providing it’s musical.
2. Send it directly to us, PLEASE don’t share it on social media or video sharing websites, or you will be asked to remove it.
3. Please send in MP4s or MOVs, as well as an mp3 in case something goes wrong.
4. Please include your name, email address, and send it using file sharing site (dropbox, wetransfer, yousendit etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject THINKCOMP
5. Please submit your work by midnight (GMT) on 16th December 2016 to be in with a chance of winning.
6. All entrants retain all rites to their music. By submitting your work to us you are giving us permission to use your music in promotional material for ThinkSpace Educaiton. This promotion is only administrated by ThinkSpace with no other affiliations with other businesses.
The winner of the Christmas scoring competition will win a Gold edition premium course of their choice from our website. This means you will receive feedback from world class composers on your projects, and with available courses including Cinematic Orchestration, Music for the Media and Sound Design (to name just a few), you could be about to take your music to the next level!
The winner will also receive full private feedback on their competition entry as well as having their work featured on our youtube channel, with 7.5k subscribers.
Two runners up:
The two runners up will win a standard edition premium course of their choice from the ThinkSpace website and private feedback from the ThinkSpace Team on their competition entry.
All three winners will be featured on a blog on the ThinkSpace website.
Best of luck to you all and happy composing!
A little Introduction to ThinkSpace
We are the world’s first online post-graduate degree providers in film, TV and games composition, orchestrations and sound design. For almost twenty years, we have been teaching composers important skills and techniques to give them the edge in the film and TV industries.
Keep up to date with our latest news and offers
Never miss out on our latest products, sales, limited bundles or our competitions. Subscribe to our newsletter to keep in the loop: