Low cost single payment
Composer Blueprints Training
For a full list of prices, see below
Industry tailored knowledge to help you master your TV, film and games projects.
Composer Blueprints Training gives you the inside track on scoring in a whole range of different musical styles that directors ask for all the time. Join our very own award-winning composer, Guy Michelmore, for 6 hours of over-the-shoulder video tutorials. Included are all the trade secrets, tips and tricks, the shortcuts and industry tailored knowledge that help him plough through major TV and film projects, packaged up in a concise yet powerful training bundle!
But it’s more than just hours of totally immersive video tutorials. You will receive a comprehensive course text, all the project files included in the videos so you can really drill down and see every technique in real detail, plus access to 4 hours of webinar recordings packed with all the answers to your questions. If that wasn’t enough, there’s a tutor lead forum where you can share your music and chat with your classmates.
- Hours of over the shoulder scoring videos revealing tricks of the trade on how to get ahead.
- Learn how to master genres such as action, suspense, fantasy, comedy and many more.
- Join our dedicated community forum to share your mixes.
- Access all of the materials online forever, or download them to read/watch/listen to offline – an invaluable resource you’ll be going back to over and over again.
Enrol Now – The comprehensive guide to writing film, games and television music in the most sought after styles.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- How to write music in the most commonly requested styles. Master these basic templates and use them as a jumping off point to make the music your own.
- Learn how to create enormous orchestral arrangements straight into your DAW, composing straight from your imagination into the computer.
- How to work fast and efficiently. Learn from watching the workflow of a professional composer who can turn out 10 minutes of music a day!
- How to develop ideas from scratch, how to know when things aren’t working and what to do about it.
- Learn how to combine contemporary scoring techniques using synths and plugins with classic Hollywood orchestration, to produce a winning commercial sound.
- Learn how to use simple live acoustic instruments quickly and effectively to enhance your sampled mock-ups.
“I’ve recently started a video game, and without this course I wouldn’t be able to figure out not just the music but also the sound design”
Listen to upcoming composer and sound designer Georgio Vezzini discuss how Composer Blueprints Training has prepared him to work professionally.
WHO IS TEACHING ME?
Guy Michelmore is a multi award-winning film, games and television composer who’s clients include Marvel, Disney, Dreamworks, Lionsgate and dozens of major TV networks around the world. He’s best known for his work with Marvel on eight animated feature films including Ultimate Avengers and Thor, as well as hundreds of episodes of television including Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, Iron Man: Armoured Adventures, Hulk and many more. He is renowned for his speed of working and this course gives you an insight into not only his compositional technique but also his workflow.
Composer Blueprints Training: Course Content
Get ready to enter the world of a professional film, games and TV composer. Meet Guy Michelmore who will be introducing you to many of the styles requested most often by his international roster of clients.
How exactly does action music enhance the movie sequences they are designed to accompany?
We have put this into a separate category as it has definitely stepped aside from the traditional orchestral approach.
Comedy is arguably the most difficult for which to give a winning formula.
One of the fundamental roles of music in films, games or television, is to invoke an emotional response.
‘Ethnic’ music is a very broad term, but there are some important things to bare in mind when tackling a piece specific to a location or people.
The superhero has become a familiar fixture in contemporary cinema. A key part of his or her persona, is the uplifting heroic theme that almost always seems to accompany them.
Fantasy music is a genre that includes some of the iconic scores of recent years from Narnia to Star Wars, Harry Potter to Lord of the Rings.
It is the easiest to describe but subtly very different in implementation from one film to another if you really listen hard.
This is a genre that is difficult to define but it a distinctive style nonetheless.
Bonus Unit 1:
A simple trick to add live guitar to your music for non-guitar players!
Bonus Unit 2:
A time-saving technique we use every day in our commercial scoring work that keeps us on schedule and keeps major broadcasters happy.
- Composer Blueprints Training
- $229 – Low cost single payment!
- Enrol Now – The comprehensive guide to writing film, games and television music in the most sought after styles.
You need access to a reliable broadband internet connection to download and stream the course materials, preferably 5Mb/s or better. We need an active email address that can receive emails from us. Course materials are both streamed and downloadable and in total can come to 20GBs or more so you need at least enough disk space to store the materials as well.
You don’t need a high powered computer to make the most of Composer Blueprints Training. We’d recommend at least a duel core computer with 4GB of RAM.
You’ll need the latest digital audio workstation (DAW) that you are able to compose in. We would recommend: Cubase 8, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools, Digital Performer 9, Reaper and Ableton Live.
You don’t need to be able to read music to take this course; as long as you have a reasonable understanding of how instruments interact with each other within the orchestra you’re good to go!
The video material totals at over 6 hours, however you can watch them in whatever sitting suits you best.
Downloadable course materials are only enabled after the money-back guarantee has either been waived or expired (30 days after purchase).
My name is Bradley and I’m the student support manager here at ThinkSpace. If you have any questions that you’d like answering, please don’t hesitate to fill in the contact form below, or email me at email@example.com.