DAW To Score
Everything you need to know to get up and running scoring films. EMMY nominated composer Guy Michelmore walks you through each stage of the process from the first MIDI mockup, right through to the final recording session with a live orchestra.
- Go from sampled mockup to live, orchestral recording and see every step.
- Over 5 hours of video tutorials.
- Comprehensive course text.
- Lifelong access and 30-day money back guarantee.
Buy Now -
Learn the process from scoring your demo in your DAW, all the way to recording the piece with a live film orchestra. Award-winning composer, Guy Michelmore, takes you through each step of the process, including how to treat sampled instruments as if they were real instruments, orchestrating your parts for live players, and preparing for a live orchestral recording session.
- Tidying up pre-recorded audio ready for a studio recording.
- How to write a great sounding sampled mock-up that translates well to live players.
- Learn how to develop your ideas from scratch, and to recognise when things are not working.
- Orchestrating a cue from MIDI for 60 live players.
- Learn the process of recording a live orchestra from the composer’s perspective.
1. Day 1 (Part 1)
This is how the day in the life of a working composer often begins. A hot beverage, a cheery sense of optimism and absolutely no idea what he or she is about to write. It seems daunting but that doesn’t mean you can’t learn to do it too!
2. Day 1 (Part 2)
Learn how to prepare your project for orchestration and the often overlooked files you must include.
3. Day 2 - Orchestration With Chuck
Orchestrator, Charles ‘Chuck’ Fernandez, walks you through the finished score and how you get from the MIDI file to a playable orchestral score.
4. Day 3 - The Live Session
See the culmination of all of hours of composition time and a collaborative effort of lots of people, plus tips and tricks on how to get the most from an orchestral session.
5. Day 4 - Mixing The Recording
Guy gives you the tour of what files you will get from your orchestral session plus a short example of how to get a decent sounding mix in a very short amount of time.
Guy Michelmore is a multi award-winning film, games and television composer whose clients include Marvel, Disney, Dreamworks, Lionsgate and dozens of major TV networks around the world. He’s best known for his work with Marvel on eight animated feature films including Ultimate Avengers and Thor, as well as hundreds of episodes of television including Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, Iron Man: Armoured Adventures, Hulk and many more. His unique and accessible style opens up the whole process of writing music in a way that has seldom been done before.
See All Teaching Staff
A worthwhile and complementary addition to my ThinkSpace course library.
It was great for me. I was hoping to go through the process to make sure I had filled in all of the blanks and it definitely helped me to see where I might need to keep working.