How To Write Music
- A composition guide for beginners and intermediates.
- Over 6-hours of video tutorials.
- 20,000 word comprehensive course text.
- Lifelong access and 30-day money back guarantee.
You will start by learning a range of techniques for getting started and developing the spark of an idea into something more substantial. Then we look at the foundations of every piece of music in much more detail - tune writing, chord progressions and harmony, rhythm and texture. Finally, we look at the different ways you can structure your music. You will learn a process that ensures you find it easier to start writing and turn more of your ideas into finished pieces.
- Turning a 3 note motif into a fully-developed tune.
- Alternative approaches to chord progressions.
- Using technology to write music.
- Scoring demonstrations – watch complete pieces of music come to life.
- Ways to get started when facing the dreaded blank sheet of paper.
- Bonus unit on music theory.
I loved this course. A recommend it to beginner and intermediate composers who wish to gain some nuggets of useful information to be applied in the real world. Thank you, Guy!
I just watched the first two lessons and I already love it. As a person that doesn’t know much about writing music, I always wanted to know how a music writer creates music. This course is what I need.