Getting Started With
EastWest Composer Cloud
Pair this course with your subscription to EastWest Composer Cloud and you will be well on your way to learning how to use professional sample library technology. For a deeper look at working with sample libraries, take a look at our Sampled Orchestration in a Weekend course.
- 2 hours of video tutorials and reviews.
- Lifelong access to the course and your student account.
- Intro to all Composer Cloud instruments.
- A deep dive into Hollywood Strings and Brass.
EastWest are one of the largest suppliers of sample libraries. Their subscription service, Composer Cloud, gives you the chance to try all of their sample library products at a monthly fee. This is great, but the choice of samples can be overwhelming; with such a large collection of libraries, which ones are worth your time and where do you start?
This course takes a look at what this service has to offer, which libraries are worth incorporating into your workflow, and takes a dive into some of the more interesting products they have to offer.
By the end, you will have a much better understanding of this service.
- Decide which subscription model is best for your needs.
- Installing the EastWest Installation app and Play software.
- Working with the Play sample player.
- A brief intro to each of the 67 libraries in Composer Cloud.
- A more in-depth look at using Hollywood Strings.
- Different approaches to DAW templates using Hollywood Brass.