Get Started With
EastWest Composer Cloud
If you want to get into MIDI composition and orchestration, then this service is worth checking out to test your skills. Sample libraries can be expensive, and you may not know what you like until you have tried it out. Composer Cloud gives you the chance to affordably try out their products. Paired with this free course, you will be well on your way to learning how to use professional sample library technology.
- 2 hours of video tutorials and reviews.
- Lifelong access to the course and your student account.
- Intro to all Composer Cloud instruments.
- A deep dive into Hollywood Strings and Brass.
EastWest are one of the largest suppliers of sample libraries. Their subscription service, Composer Cloud, gives you the chance to try all of their sample library products at a monthly fee. This is great, but the choice of samples can be whelming - with such a large collection of libraries, which ones are worth your time and where do you start?
This course takes a look at what this service has to offer, which libraries are worth incorporating into your workflow, and a dive into some of the more reputable products they have to offer.
By the end, you will have a much better understanding of this service.
- Decide which subscription model is best for your needs.
- Installing the EastWest Installation app and Play software.
- Working with the Play sample player.
- A brief intro to each of the 67 libraries in Composer Cloud.
- A more in-depth look at using Hollywood Strings.
- Different approaches to DAW templates using Hollywood Brass.