Studying for a master’s degree in film scoring or game sound design gives you a unique opportunity to fulfil your potential. Our programmes have helped dozens of composers, orchestrators and sound designers into new careers.
ThinkSpace is uniquely located in the working, professional world. Our teaching staff share their time between mentoring our students and composing music for major film, games and TV projects, or working as sound designers or audio directors in the games industry. Add to that a cutting edge online learning experience, a warm and supportive student community and you are starting to understand why ThinkSpace students are so successful.
- Study Online, no need to relocate, no need to give up the day job, work around family commitments while fulfilling your career potential.
- World-class faculty, all working professional practitioners, many award-winning, and working right now at the highest level of the industry.
- Join a Supportive Global Community of almost 200 students and graduates from over 80 countries. Friendships, collaborations, networking all starts with the contacts you make during your course.
- Lifelong every course access – enrol in one degree programme and have access to the course materials on all our other programmes, forever.
- Globally Recognised UK degree – from our partners at the University of Chichester. Our degrees have the same standing as any other UK master’s degree.
- 98.3% Graduation Rate – that’s higher than any other online higher education provider and the same as the University of Cambridge.
- 80% of Graduates Find Work in their Chosen Field – according to the 2019 graduate employment survey.
- QAA Commended during our Higher Education Review 2018.
According to our 2019 Graduate Employment Survey and an amazing 80% of our graduates have found work in their chosen field. This is a fantastic achievement so congratulations to them all!
Our recent students have gone on to work at Mojang, Creative Assembly, Frontier, Dam Busters and many more. Our graduates have worked on the score for Spiderman PS4 and scored the latest Battlefield 1 Apocalypse trailer.
Combined with our 98.3% graduation rate, that means apply to ThinkSpace Eduation gives a really solid basis for anyone hoping to start a career in film composing, orchestration, game music or audio.
Our film scoring school has been the springboard that has helped launch countless careers, many at the very top of the film and television music profession. We are uniquely connected to the world of work. Not just fellow practitioners but also real-world clients, directors and producers who tell our students what they are looking for.
12 month full time with a range of part time schedules available:
Professional Media Composition
Orchestration for Film Games and Television*
Sound Design for Video Games
Composition for Video Games
MFA programmes last 2 years full-time with a range of part time schedules available.
There are four pathways to choose from:
Media Composition and Orchestration*
Video Game Composition and Orchestration*
Video Game and Media Composition
Video Game Music and Audio
A Student’s Story: Andrea Possee
Andrea is a composer and orchestrator from London. She joined the first intake of our Orchestration master’s course and graduated earlier this year.
Follow her through her adventure culminating in her live session at Warner Bros in Los Angeles. Andrea is now hard at work on a wide range of projects including a feature film, TV and library work.
If you are considering a ThinkSpace master’s degree and want to speak directly with one of our current or past students in a similar position as you, then drop us a line and we’ll put you in touch.
Mark Angus: Professional Sound Designer & Head Video Game Tutor
Award winning sound designer Mark Angus has worked on a huge variety of projects, from Alien Isolation where his team won a BAFTA, Silent Hill and DC’s Injustice 2.
Mark discusses his role as ThinkSpace Education head Video Game tutor, the professional expertise of ThinkSpace Education’s tutors, what you will learn on our video game postgraduate degrees as well as how studying online with ThinkSpace Education works.