Finance & Loans
ThinkSpace Education accepts £GBP, $USD and €EUR, but which currency you pay in is dependent on your location. You will not be able to select which currency to pay in.
That’s how most of our future students start: an informal conversation about where you are and where you want to be. No pressure, just getting to know you and how we might be able to help.
Get in touch with Tim Johnson the course manager (and film composer).
The interest-free payment plan is available to all students except those in receipt of a Sallie Mae Student Loan or other Student Loans.
For those eligible for the interest-free payment plan, monthly payments can be made by credit/debit card, or arrangements can be made to pay via bank transfer. We use Worldpay to process your payments, PayPal may not be used to pay postgraduate degree fees.
For details of student eligibility visit the government website but the main points, (as of 22nd Jun 2020) are quoted here:
- Your course
- Your age
- Your nationality or residency status
- You’re already getting payments from Student Finance England for another course that you’re studying
- You’ve received a loan or grant for a master’s course before - unless you got Disabled Student Allowances or you left your course for a serious personal reason like illness or bereavement.
- You already have a master’s degree, or a qualification that’s equivalent or higher.
- You’re behind in repayments for any previous loans from the Student Loans Company.
- You’ll still be eligible if you have a PGCE or a postgraduate diploma or certificate.
- You will not get extra money if you repeat a year of your course.
- Be a full, standalone master’s course (not a top-up course) (all our MA and MFA courses are but not our PG Cert and PG Dip courses).
- Be worth at least 180 credits - check the course provider’s website if you’re not sure (all our MA and MFA courses are 180 or 240 credits)
- Have started on or after 1 August 2016.
- Full-time, lasting 1 or 2 academic years (this includes both our MAs and MFAs)
- Part-time, lasting 2 to 4 academic years - no more than twice the length of the equivalent full-time course (so this includes our 2 year part time MAs but not the 3 years option and all part -time options on our MFAs)
Important Notes for Students Applying for PG Loans
Students taking student loans are not eligible for our interest free credit plan. They need to pay their fees directly to the University of Chichester.
Students taking loans are allowed to study part time but only up to 50% of the full-time rate. So a 1 year MA can be taken over 2 years, a 2 year MFA over 4 years.
Student Loans are not normally available for students studying PG Cert or PG Dip courses, only MA or MFAs.
Applying For a Loan
- England for the whole of your course, if you’re an EU national
- The UK for the whole of your course, if you’re not an EU national
You do not need a confirmed place to start the application process. You need to register for an account with the Student Loan Company. The course you have chosen, while being provided by ThinkSpace Education will be listed under the University of Chichester.
Sallie Mae Finance Program
Studying at a UK based distance learning institution, you are not eligible for Title IV federal loans.