- Learn to craft and arrange complex harmonic passages.
- Nearly 10 hours of video tutorials.
- Comprehensive course text.
- Lifelong access and 30-day money back guarantee.
Learn advanced harmonic techniques that go beyond basic four-part harmonies and triad chords. Explore the use of further extensions and altered extensions for chromatic and non-diatonic elements in your music. You will acquire fresh compositional ideas through the use of new harmonic structures such as retrograde phrases, reflection and mirroring. If you’re looking to expand your harmonic vocabulary, beyond the use of basic major and minor scales, then this course is for you.
- Advanced harmonic techniques from modal harmony to counterpoint.
- Build extended chromatic chords using augmented 6ths, 11ths and 13ths.
- Work with minor keys and modes.
- Use inversions, accented passing notes, suspensions, and anticipations.
- Master stylistic harmonic approaches by studying film composers like John Williams, Hans Zimmer, and John Barry.
- Modulate using secondary dominants, and learn how to change key effectively.
I've taken Harmony One and Two because I wanted a more firm knowledge of music theory. I've looked around a bit, and I like Guy's clarity and style. There's quite a lot of content and I've learnt a lot about cadences, SATB, string writing and voicings, and modes.
Harmony One and Harmony Two Student
I can get more, and better, music out of less inspiration, and more quickly. I think the level of content in the course is about right. If this is about value for money, I think you’re in the right place.
I really like the way they teach, I like the way they show you how to do it, and they follow that up with the practical uses.