Template in a Weekend
Low cost single payment
Template in a Weekend
Low cost single payment
Your step-by-step guide to creating a professional orchestral template over a weekend.
Template In A Weekend is a course designed to guide you through building a professional, orchestral template in just 2-3 days! In detailed, over-the-shoulder tutorial videos, Guy Michelmore takes you from planning your build, to getting all of your instruments loaded, then finally routing and balancing everything to have it ready to go the second you start a job.
We show you different approaches to achieving a functional and efficient template for any sized setup, from a single laptop to a full host/slave rig. You will also receive a comprehensive course text, which expands upon every point Guy covers with detailed explanations and annotated examples. If that wasn’t enough, there’s also a forum where you can share your template tips and chat with your classmates.
- Study with our online campus in our revolutionary Course Reader.
- Hours of over-the-shoulder videos revealing tricks of the trade on creating templates.
- Technical support available via the online support tickets.
- Join our dedicated community forum to share your tips and tricks.
Enrol Now – The comprehensive guide to creating your professional orchestral template!
What Will I Learn?
- You’ll learn how to assemble a working orchestral template, regardless of how big or small your setup is. Have access to multiple slave machines with hundreds of sample libraries? We’ve got you covered. Only write music on a MacBook/laptop with 16GBs RAM? No problem! We’ve got the solution for any sized setup!
- Creating a template can be a daunting and lengthy task, but with our comprehensive video guide, as well as in-depth course text, you can get up and running in just one weekend (maybe even less!)
- Hear from Industry guru Tobias Escher as he discusses the varying approaches to building templates and the common pitfalls to be aware of.
What’s Included in this Course?
Join Guy Michelmore as he builds a professional, orchestral template in just two days. Included in this course is:
- 90 midi tracks, 28 instruments, all in 15GBs RAM.
- Routing to stems and mix groups.
- Where to place reverb in the signal chain.
- How to balance your template.
Get ready to sit down and be taken step by step through the creation of a professional-level composer’s template, with help and advice from Guy Michelmore.
Unit 1: Planning the build
Being prepared before diving in can save a lot of time, so here you’ll take stock and prepare your machine and yourself for the task ahead.
Unit 2: Putting it all Together
You’ll learn how to organise, add and order your tracks to get the most out of your template.
Unit 3: Routing and Stems
Groups and stems are powerful tools that should be built into any professional composers template; here you’ll learn how to make that happen.
Unit 4: Balancing your template
It’s all well and good having finished your template, but not if your piccolo is being drowned out by the triangle! Balancing is a key aspect to a realistic-sounding template and can be tricky to get right.
Unit 5: Slave Setups
Sometimes one computer simply isn’t enough! Guy demonstrates how to use Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 to get a multi-machine setup up and running.
Who’s Teaching Me?
Guy Michelmore is a multi award-winning film, games and television composer who’s clients include Marvel, Disney, Dreamworks, Lionsgate and dozens of major TV networks around the world. He’s best know for his work with Marvel on eight animated feature films including Ultimate Avengers and Thor, as well as hundreds of episodes of television including Avengers Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, Iron Man: Armoured Adventures, Hulk and many more. He is renowned for his speed of working and this course gives you an insight not only into his compositional template but also his workflow.
Post your music in your exclusive forum to receive feedback on your work from some of our experienced premium course tutors. You can also ask for feedback from any other students currently enrolled on the course, as well as offer your point of view on other people’s work.
- Template in a Weekend – Full Course Payment
- $89 – Low cost single payment!
You need access to a reliable broadband internet connection to stream the course materials, preferably 5Mb/s or better. We need an active email address that can receive emails from us. Course materials are only streamed.
You’ll need a fairly capable machine to match Guy’s set up. At least a quad-core computer with 16GBs of RAM. The techniques are still transferrable to smaller templates however, so, as long as your processor is up to scratch, your only limit to how many instruments you can load is how much RAM you have installed.
You’ll need the latest digital audio workstation (DAW) that you are able to mix in. We would recommend: Cubase 8, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools, Digital Performer 9, Reaper, FL Studio 12 and Ableton Live. You’ll also need a collection of sample libraries and sampler; we highly recommend Kontakt, Play and for larger set ups Vienna Ensemble Pro.
You don’t need to be able to read music to take the course this course, as long as you have a reasonable understanding of how instruments interact with each other within the orchestra you’re good to go!
The video material totals at over 6 hours, however you can watch them in whatever sitting suits you best.
Downloadable course materials are only enabled after the money-back guarantee has either been waived or expired (30 days after purchase).
My name is Bradley and I’m the student support manager here at ThinkSpace. If you have any questions that you’d like answering, please don’t hesitate to fill in the contact form below, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.